Janet J. Walls, M.Ed., ACC
President and Founder, Delta Blvd
Janet is President and Founder of Delta Blvd (formerly Walls Consulting), a management consulting and executive coaching company she established in 2007. Delta Blvd provides consulting services in the areas of change management, strategic planning, and business plan formation. Janet coaches executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs in the areas of strategy, leadership development, and professional growth. She adds great value to business owners and executives who desire a solutions-oriented approach to business challenges. Janet excels at identifying factors that limit performance while working with business owners and leaders to develop and implement processes that produce bottom line growth. Janet has more than thirty years experience in finance and operations including roles as Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Operations. This depth of professional experience allows her to bring a wealth of analysis and wisdom to the individuals and organizations she serves.
Key Areas of Career Expertise and Accomplishments
• Thirty years of finance and operations experience including roles as Chief Financial Officer and Vice President-Operations
• Management experience in accounting, human resources, marketing, technology, and R&D
• Industry experience includes commercial real estate, public accounting, restaurant and hospitality, web strategy and design, higher education, and nonprofit
• Entrepreneurial experience includes founder of consulting and coaching company and co-founder of technology company
Key Client Engagements
Executive Coaching, Leadership Development: Provided executive coaching and leadership development to music and entertainment division executives of $82B Fortune Global 500 Company.
Executive Coaching, Change Management: Partnered with executive coach to provide consulting and coaching to Chairman, C-suite executives, and their direct reports. Company is a $1.8B privately held distribution company with over 5,000 employees.
Executive Coaching, Change Management: Provided executive coaching to CEO and CFO of local division of national commercial real estate firm with annual transaction revenue of $145M.
Mergers and Acquisitions: Guided $1.2M interactive web strategy company through two-year change initiative that included CEO coaching, culminating in acquisition.
Change Management: Concentrated focus on the technology division of $1.8B privately held distribution company, including on-boarding of two CIO’s and one VP.
Business Coaching, Entrepreneurs: Coached numerous small business owners and startups in area of business plan formation, strategic planning, and achievement of key metrics.
Executive Coaching, Competency Model: Identified key competencies through 360 evaluations and worked with HPEs to formulate leadership development plan.
• President and Chief Change Consultant, Delta Blvd (formerly Walls Consulting)
• Leadership Development Coach, Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management
• Adjunct Instructor, Vanderbilt University
• Executive Coach, Center for Executive Education, Belmont University
• Adjunct Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, Belmont University
• Chief Financial Officer, cabedge.com
• Vice President-Operations, Colliers Turley Martin Tucker (currently Cushman Wakefield)
Education and Publications
• Belmont University, Master of Education, Learning & Organizational Change
• Belmont University, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
Professional Associations, Community Service, Awards
• Women of Influence, Nashville Business Journal
• Nashville CABLE, Former Board Member and Treasurer
• International Coaching Federation
• National Association of Women MBAs
• 100+Women Who Care
• Inaugural Class, Jumpstart Foundry Business Incubator Program
• Mentor Relationship Team, Coaching Co-Chair - Brentwood Baptist Church
• ACC (Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation)
• CCLC (Certified Christian Leadership Coach)
• Hogan: HPI-Hogan Personality Inventory, HDS-Hogan Development Survey, MVPI-Motives, Values, and Preferences Inventory
• Korn/Ferry International: Leadership Architect 101: Competency Modeling and Voices 360: Feedback Facilitation & Interpretation